Atlanta Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Serving the needs of cyclists in Georgia
With gas prices continuing to rise, many commuters are turning to bicycles to save money, get exercise and help the environment. Unfortunately, many drivers are careless and do not respect the rights of cyclists. At Kaine Law, LLC, Atlanta bicycle accident attorney Evan Kaine upholds the rights of bicycle riders.
Atlanta, GA Cyclist Safety Tips
To avoid a collision with an automobile or truck, follow the safety tips below:
- Get a headlight: If you ride at night, get a headlight. In addition, you should wear reflective clothing so that vehicles can easily spot you.
- Wear a helmet: Wearing a helmet can protect you from serious injury and possibly death if you are involved in an accident with a motor vehicle.
- Do not wear ear buds: When riding a bicycle, it is important to be aware of your surroundings. This means you need to see and hear the traffic around you. Ear buds can greatly impede your ability to detect other vehicles and pedestrians.
- Slow down: When approaching an intersection, slow down. Take a moment to observe your surroundings and use hand signals to alert other drivers when you are turning.
Georgia bicycle laws
Georgia bicycle helmet law requires riders under the age of 16 to wear a protective helmet. While older riders are not required by law to wear a helmet, doing so can greatly reduce the risk of injury.
Below are additional regulations that are part of the Better Bicycling Bill:
- Motorists must provide three feet of safe passing distance when passing a bicyclist.
- Cyclists are allowed to move to the center of a lane when there is an obstruction blocking their path.
- Riders must travel in the direction of traffic when using a bicycle lane.
- Bicyclists have the right of way on designated bicycle lanes.
For more information on bike laws in Georgia, contact a knowledgeable lawyer at Kaine Law, LLC.
Dedicated bicycle accident attorneys in Atlanta, GA
When it comes to assisting bicycle accident victims, the Atlanta accident lawyers at Kaine Law, LLC are prepared to fight zealously. To speak to a highly qualified lawyer, contact us today by phone at 877-884-8579 or via our online form. Hablamos español.
Everyone at Kaine Law, LLC — from our highly qualified lawyers to our dedicated staff — is ready to serve you. We realize that bike accidents can cause serious injuries that can affect every aspect of your life. If you are the victim of an accident, we want to be your voice.